The Network Coordinator is responsible for general network maintenance on LAN, relating to users, contexts and network devices. This individual installs, configures, and supports the software and hardware components of internal/external networks, as well as deploys and maintains all systems and applications. The Network Coordinator also troubleshoots network performance and provides technical guidance to end users. This position manages cables and ensures reliable connectivity for the network.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THE JOB:
· Stay current on all company operating systems and applications in order to provide a high level of support to all end-users.
· Build and install company workstations and printers as needed or requested.
· Suggest software and hardware options to improve efficiency.
· Keep appropriate records as tasks are completed.
· Participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
· Suggest and develop training initiatives for end users to improve departmental efficiency and reduce unnecessary tickets.
· Work with employees and inform them when equipment needs to be replaced or repaired.
· Keep records of all transactions monitoring the status of orders and repairs.
· Ensure all company equipment and resources are used efficiently and for company purposes.
· Provide for safekeeping of equipment and supplies.
· Perform maintenance on system when required.
· Record and mail warranties as needed on equipment.
· Assist in moving PC equipment to different locations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: Must be a continual learner with strong problem identification and problem resolution skills. Able to react to change productively and handle other tasks. Ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve IT related issues. Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times. Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision. Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently. Attention to detail in all areas of work. Must be able to follow prescribed office policies and procedures and obey all safety rules. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information. Maintain a business-like, professional appearance in manner and attire. Required to be accountable and dependable, having strong ethics and integrity. Ability to understand and carry out instructions. Motivated individual with proven initiative. Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Network Administration or A+ Certification required, Associate's degree preferred and 1 year experience in a computer related field preferred. Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communications, along with strong computer abilities. Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment. Ability to adapt to change and to learn new software.
COMPUTER PROGRAMS USED: MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Computer Guidance database, email, and online programs specific to Stebbins’ vendors.
ON-JOB TRAINING: 6 months – 1 year
Travel may be required.
Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
Ability to physically inspect networking equipment.
Overtime as required.
Lifting or moving up to 25lbs may be required.
JOB DEMANDS: The position requires being able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Also required is the ability to move about both inside an office environment in order to access files, computers, and office machinery. Frequent communication is necessary with other staff and customers to relay accurate and timely information. Required to discern potential safety situations. Occasionally needs to ascend/descend stairs. Presentations are necessary along with meeting deadlines. Overtime may be required. Personal protective equipment must be used as required.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all assigned duties.
NOTE: The information provided in this description is intended to provide the general scope of the nature and level of work performed by an employee holding this position. It should not be considered a contract of employment; nor a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to edit these responsibilities at any time within reason and the company reserves the right to exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.